Sunday, April 29, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness

Well here we go again. Spring made an early appearance here in Chicago, disappeared & now is finally starting to show it's face again. When the weather turned cold again, I noticed myself turning more negative as well. In an effort to focus on the positive, I'm here for another 30 days of thankfulness.

Day 1: Celebrating my roommate getting a job

She's had a long, hard search & I'm so proud of her for sticking with it. She deserves the world & I'm glad things are finally working out. I'm so thankful for the time we spend together, and I especially loved all the time we spent celebrating this weekend.

We started it off Thursday by seeing a friend's band play at Murphy's then headed to Slugger's for the dueling pianos.


Saturday morning, we both enjoyed yoga at separate studios then brunch with my aunt at Uncommon Ground.

My vanilla bean custard filled french toast.

Kathryn's carrot cake pancakes with TONS of frosting.

Saturday was completed with the Phil Vassar show we got free tickets to at Joe's. I only break out my country-ness about once a month, but this was really a great show!

The lovely ladies minus Julia

And I am not ashamed to admit that any downtime this weekend was spent watching Lost. I knew it would happen once I started watching, but I truly am addicted!


Congrats again Kathryn! I'm so thankful for the weekend of celebrating & looking forward to the week to come.

Cheers to 29 more days of thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment