Thursday, October 20, 2011

Winter Already?

After a beautiful few weeks of Indian Summer, it has suddenly turned to winter in the Windy City. The dreary day yesterday left me wanting nothing more than to cuddle in blankets and sleep, but instead I worked & did my best to have energy. On my way home, the wind really began to howl & the rain continued.

Anyone who has experienced the wind here or really in most of Illinois knows that sometimes an umbrella is really no help. I have broken my fair share of umbrellas between walking around the U of I campus the past 4 years & Chicago this summer and didn't really feel like breaking another one.

Instead, I broke out my lovely scarf Natalie brought me from India and wore it babushka (aka Russian grandmother) style all the way from the L stop home. I received a few funny glances from others walking home, but I think they were really just jealous because I was warm and dry while they were fighting with their umbrellas.

I think I would make a lovely babushka minus the fact that I'm not Russian...
It's funny because last weekend I was telling Natalie about how it had been too warm to wear the scarf but now I have worn it the past 2 days & will probably wear it again today. Thanks for the scarf Nat! It appears it will be getting lots of use this winter...


1 comment: