I remember hating to wear tights when I was little and my mom literally forcing me to wear them when I dressed up for volleyball in junior high. They were annoying, and I somehow always managed to get a snag with the first hour of school.
Italy was amazing for many reasons, as I've often written about, but it is also where I grew to truly appreciate tights. Touring around in just jeans could get really cold, but throw on a pair of tights or leggings under those jeans, and I was set to tour all day. Skirts in the spring also had added warmth and functionality with tights or leggings.
Last year at school, I wore them every now and then, but alas, they have made their return to my life on nearly a daily basis. I had brown, multiple grays & maroon but sadly was missing black after realizing I lost my 2 favorite pairs from Italy. Thanks to a trip to Target this week, however, my wardrobe now dawns both black tights and black leggings and another fun pair of patterned gray tights.
Thanks tights for protecting my legs and letting me still wear my skirts & dresses. Glad we could be friends despite our rough early history.
No comments:
Post a Comment