Saturday, September 22, 2012

Quality Time with My Best Friend

I recently returned from a phenomenal vacation spanning 11 days and 3 countries, but one of my favorite parts about this time was just being with my best friend Natalie. We've been doing our best to keep in touch while she's in Turkey, but nothing can replace actually being in the same room as your friends or heck, even the same country.

Lunch in Sintra, Portugal
I've missed being able to just call her on the phone or travel the 3 hours south to visit her at school, and being able to spend 11 days traveling just Natalie and me is something I will never forget.

Here are some of the moments I'm most thankful for:

Hammocking in Lisbon. 
This is one of my favorite things to do with Nat when I visit her at school, so I was so excited when I found out she was bringing her hammock on vacay with us.



Wine tasting in Porto
This experience was the absolute definition of quality down time with friends. We spent 2 hours sitting by a window with a beautiful view tasting wine and catching up on everything under the sun. Ironically, I originally didn't even want to do a Port wine tasting, and it ended up being 2 of my favorite hours of the entire trip.


Pub Crawl in Lisbon & Tapas Crawl in Granada
Another thing I really miss is causing random shenanigans with Nat. She is always up for anything and whenever we're together, I know it's going to be a blast. Staying out until sunrise in Lisbon and hiking up a hill in Granada at midnight to get the best view of the Alhambra after touring some of the best tapas bars were 2 of my favorite 'random shenanigans' nights of the trip. We met many fun, interesting people in both situations, but I know neither one would have been half as much fun without my partner in crime. We feed off one another's energy and random greatness always seems to ensue. 

At a tapas bar in Granada
Now that vacation is over and I'm back in the States and Nat's in Turkey, we're back to staying in touch via G-chat and WhatsApp, but I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with her. 

How many people can say they reunited with their best friend after 3 months apart in Paris? And then traveled to some of the most beautiful places in the world for 11 days straight? Not many that's for sure, but I'm so blessed to be able to say I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment