A few weeks ago, I asked my friend and neighbor, Alicia, to take a few headshots for My Piece of Sunshine. She is a film major with a passion for photography, and I was excited to replace my "about me" photos I took over two years ago. I wanted photos that were fun and really "Jessica" for the blog, so we threw around a few great location and outfit ideas but ultimately decided on Lake Michigan and my favorite yellow dress.
What began as a walk to the lake for a few headshots, however, ended up as a stroll with great conversation and a full-blown photo shoot.
I just met Alicia in May and have slowly been getting to know her, so it was really nice to get some one-on-one conversation time on our walk to the lake and during the shoot. I love connecting with people and have felt that easy yet genuine connection building with her. Today really helped me connect with her even more, and I'm so excited to be good friends with another neighbor.
If our great chat time wasn't enough, she then blew me away during our photo shoot. I won't lie, I love being in front of the camera, taking direction from others of what looks good, and just goofing around, channeling everything Tyra taught us (smile with your eyes, be fierce, you know ;).
We took many of photos and I've only seen a handful so far, but Alicia did a great job of capturing that "Jessica-ness" I was looking for. Below are a few of my favorites, and look for these around the blog from time to time. They'll be popping up in a few places :)
Thanks Alicia for your friendship and my beautiful photos!
Check out her link for more photos and some of her short films.
.jpg)



.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment