I got a little "behind" on my 30 Days of Thankfulness postings this time around, and it's easy for me to get down on myself, but ultimately, my goal of being more mindful each day was achieved. Even if I wasn't posting, I was always making sure to think of what I was especially thankful for that day and snap a photo of it. I do this exercise to stay mindful of what's going on in my life and to appreciate the small things, so even if I wasn't officially posting each day, the main goal was still being achieved.
This round of 30 Days came about because I had been feeling a bit tired and unproductive and felt myself complaining a lot more than usual. Even towards the end of this 30 days I was till feeling tired, unproductive, and in a bit of a funk then suddenly on day 30, everything seemed to come together.
I had been putting a lot of positive energy in to myself as well as out in to the world, and it was finally showing. Ultimately, Tuesday was a really great day.
The morning started with a great morning workout; my first in weeks. I even had a good, deep belly laugh during Pilates. The kind that makes you feel full of life, and I knew right then it was going to be a good day. My notion was right, and when I stepped in to work, I had a dream project literally land on my desk, and I spent the day researching and writing about one of my favorite topics, nutrition and vitamins. Then I had an amazing dinner at Girl & the Goat (and even met Stephanie Izard!) and rounded out the day by hanging out with one of my favorite people in the world.
I was happy. I felt inspired. I felt loved. And it was a really great day.
These past 30 days have been a great lesson in the great opportunities and experiences that can come from mindful, hard work and positive energy.
My life isn't perfect and I don't live in a snow globe of glitter and rainbows, but I am truly thankful for the progress I've made in my recovery from destructive thoughts and behaviors and the positive path I'm on right now.
On day 30, I am thankful for my amazing Tuesday. This could have been any old Tuesday, but instead, it was one of the happiest and most blessed days of my life thus far.

No comments:
Post a Comment