Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Change of Perspective

"Oh, that's serious, isn't it?" "Really?" "Are you nervous?"

These are a few of the reactions I received when I told people I was "meeting the parents." I love meeting people, especially people who are special to those who are important to me, but this time I was all balled up with nerves. I let my own ego and the comments of others get to me and psych me out. Thankfully, I realized what was going on and was able to talk a lot of it out with my best friend and journal out the rest before the introductions.

I believe miracles come about when we change our perspective of a situation, and through talking it out and journaling, I was able to see my own true perspective of the situation rather than my ego's or other's perspective.

Instead of approaching a few recent introductions with fear and uncertainty, I approached them with light, love, and confidence. I can't always make someone like me, but I can make sure I always share my best self with the world.

Since we had visitors in town this weekend, I also had the chance to change my perspective of Chicago. I've mentioned it here before, but I really love when I'm able to see my beautiful city and home through the eyes of a tourist. 

There are so many times as I walk through the city on a normal day that I see a great door or a beautiful view I'd love to capture but just don't have the time or don't have my good camera on me. This Saturday, I carried my nicer camera around with me all day and snapped any of those views and moments I wanted to capture.

Looking back on these images is a nice reminder of how gratifying and beautiful life can be when you let yourself change your perspective.










No comments:

Post a Comment