Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Happy 2 Year Work Anniversary


Today marks two years at my job, and in advertising world, that means I'm pretty much old hat at the agency. I still sometimes can't believe I am an adult with a full time job, let alone having now been at that job for two years and one of the longest tenured employees in the office.

The topic came up in a one-on-one with my boss a few weeks ago, and although the thought initially filled me with a moment of fear and shock, it quickly shifted to a sudden acknowledgement of my own credibility in the workplace. 

I have listened to my ego tell me for too long that I don't know what I'm doing and am not credible, and in that moment of realizing I'm old hat at the agency, I finally told it to shut up. My shift in perception was unexpected on a random Tuesday, but also really welcome and refreshing. 

The past few weeks, I have taken on an even greater sense of pride in my work and dedication to my time management and work productivity. Thankfully after a few weeks of being slow, the workload is picking up and I'm excited to put my new sense of confidence and thoughtfulness in my work to good use. 

I'm grateful for this shift in my work mindset and look forward to more days of laughing with my coworkers, singing under our disco ball, and putting my brain to use sifting through and organizing research for smart and useful insights. And also to a chilled glass of pumpkin beer to celebrate the anniversary occasion ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you haven't run out of here screaming ... yet ...

    ReplyDelete