| You could say we look a bit a like... |
My mom won AOII Queen Mom this Sunday & I was so excited she won. Here is the nomination I sent in:
My nomination is for my mom, Jeanne Campion.
Where do I even begin? Not only am I the spitting image of my mom, but she is someone I know I can always turn to. Whether it was my first week of college and I was freaking out about how large the U of I is so she drove me around just chatting for an hour, or when I was abroad and she sent me oatmeal and a 5 pound bag of almonds so I would have my favorite foods while away from home, or even just last week when I called her multiple times stressing about school and finding a job, my mom is always there for me no matter what.
She is one of the strongest people I know, surviving a fluke shooting accident as a child, dealing with multiple health scares this year, and still waking up each morning excited to go to work as an eighth grade math teacher. I know from being in her class myself and observing her classes that her students not only love and respect her, but also love being in her class and learning from her. She is truly an exceptional teacher.
Her heart of gold extends beyond the classroom, however. My mom is extremely active in my home church and is always looking for ways to volunteer, donate or help out in any way she can. Last summer when I returned home from my summer job, I found out that doctors had found 2 large cysts on her ovaries and were fearful they may be cancerous. Instead of wallowing and feeling sorry for herself, my mom instead devoted her time to crocheting baby blankets and baby booties to donate to Crisis Nursery. Not only that, but she had also made a few full-size afghans for gifts and scrubby brushes, towels, and pot holders for both my brother's kitchen and my kitchen at school. Thankfully, the cysts ended up being non-cancerous, but that does not make the months we spent waiting any less scary. When life gave her hardship, my mom turned it in to giving to others, which is something I will always strive to emulate.
I could go on telling stories of all the times she has helped out students with classwork, volunteered her time and energy to a cause she found worthy or supported me in everything I've done, but I don't think there is enough time to fully express how thoughtful and amazing my mom is. Even if she is not chosen as AOII's Queen Mom, she will always and forever be my mom. And that's good enough for me.
I love you mom :)
![]() |
| Me & my mom, sash and all! |

No comments:
Post a Comment