I try not to be too materialistic, but I do have a strange, sentimental attachment to my brown boots. Well, I
had one at least. After two years of ownership and extensive wear, I finally had to throw away my beloved boots. Actually, I couldn't even throw them away myself and made my mom do the deed for me.
Two years ago, I bought my Steve Madden boots on a shopping trip with my mom and instantly knew they were a trusty pair of shoes. My original intent for them was for my semester in Italy, but they became my favorite shoes long before I ever set foot on the plane. Once I got to Italy, you literally could not take them off my feet. I wore them anywhere I felt appropriate aka
everywhere. My favorite outfit while abroad was a Target v-neck, cotton skirt, black leggings and my boots. I could do anything in that outfit.
Gallivant around Verona? Check.
 |
| Via del Bersagliere <3 |
 |
| On the Adige |
Enjoy other Italian cities? Possibly getting in trouble from locals in the mean time? Check.
 |
| Got in trouble from an Italian woman in Vinci for this one... |
 |
| Soave |
 |
| Mantova |
 |
| Firenze |
 |
| A bit of fun in Rome |
Explore London on multiple occasions? Check.
 |
| Classic tourist |
 |
| Taking London by storm |
 |
| Regent park aka my favorite London park :) |
Completely fall in love with Scotland? Check.
 |
| Hiking around castle ruins |
 |
| Edinburgh castle |
 |
| Favorite door in Scotland |
Drink my first pint of Guiness? At of the Guiness factory? Of course.
And you can bet my boots didn't lose their special place in my heart upon returning to the great USA. Nope, we continued making memories despite their extensive amount of scuffs and wear.
They accompanied me to my Senior Barn Dance, Dad's Day weekend, CHWC reunion in Champaign & New Years in Boston/on the Cape.
Needless to say, I have some truly amazing memories of time spent in those boots. Parting with them is truly the end of an era for me, but ends also thankfully mean
new beginnings. I fully plan on buying a new pair of brown boots that will hopefully prove to be just as trusty, but for now "So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu..."
**What go-to piece of clothing do you associate a lot of memories with?
wow this is upsetting. probably one of my favorite blogs of yours though. :) you're so cute jess. sorry about the boots. but they seemed like they were a damn good pair of shoes.
ReplyDelete