Some quick things I'm thankful for from my hiatus:
- Random, fun Sundays including: watching the Air & Water show from my friend's boat, swimming in Lake Michigan for the first time on the Illinois side, having a blast hanging out with a softball team I don't even play on and ending the day singing and dancing to karaoke night at a fun, quirky bar
- Taking a free intro to cross fit class at the gym I walk by every day on my way to the train and am pretty much obsessed with (sadly I can't afford to join it right now though...)
- Chatting with my brother on my walk to Trader Joe's today
- Not having to go back to school for the first time in 17 years
On to my main thankfulness item of the day...my comfy outfit I wore to work.
![]() |
| shirt: Target / skirt: H&M / belt: Goodwill / bracelets: garage sales |
I bought this skirt at H&M at the beginning of the summer and have been trying to pair it with different items ever since. I wore a similar combo a few weeks ago when I went to visit my grandma, but I think today's is my favorite pairing yet.
A light skirt, one of my favorite v-neck tees from Target (I may or may not have pretty much lived in these while abroad, but more on that later...), a belt I bought for $1 at Goodwill last year, 2 of my favorite wooden bracelets & you can't see them in the pictures but I finally set out to break in a pair of brown patent leather pumps I've had for 2 years.
Overall it was an outfit I felt comfortable in while also feeling sassy, cute and ready to take on the work day.
Also, a quick shout out to Natalie who started grad school this week. Although I'm happy to not be returning to school, I do miss her! Especially taking Asian tourist photos during our travels or just whenever we feel like :)



thanks for the shout-out!
ReplyDelete