Saturday, November 19, 2011

Soaking Up the Last of Fall

With just 5 days standing between now and Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday!), I've been trying to soak up what is left of fall this week. We've already had a couple 30 degree days here in Chicago, and I'm sure it won't be long before winter strikes with full force. Until then however, here are some fun fall things I'm thankful for.

Honeycrisp Apples


They may be a bit more expensive, but they are worth every pen! My favorite breakfast right now is a baked honeycrisp apple with cinnamon & nutmeg infused oatmeal & walnuts sprinkled on top.

Veggie chili from my favorite cafe


They were asking for soup suggestions last week so I put my two cents in, and they made me the most delicious vegetarian chili I've ever had! Full of veggies and beans and a nice, spicy kick. It also helps that the Artisan Cellar is on the main floor of the Mart (aka I don't have to go outside to enjoy it) and Natalie is always willing to join me for lunch when we eat there :) Thanks Artisan!


Keep Calm and Larry On


The British WWII slogan "Keep Calm and Carry On" is a popular mantra in our office as I'd assume it is in any office trying to wrap up business for the year. There have been many variations on the phrase..."Keep Calm and Eat a Cupcake" and "Keep Calm and Call Batman"...and my office added to the variations with this new classic "Keep Calm and Larry On." It's posted right outside the bathrooms, and I always chuckle when I see it.

Seeing this on my morning commute


Why is it that colorful leaves are always more beautiful in the morning sunlight? This was always my favorite time of year for morning runs for this reason and once even spent an entire 3 mile run discussing which colors were best with my running partner. I may not get the time to run in the mornings right now, but at least I have this beautiful view for my morning commute.

Mat Kearney at the House of Blues



Tickets I got for free. Standing room only on the main floor.  Just being in the House of Blues. My new roomie and a hilarious group of strangers to enjoy the show with. The video I took of one of my favorite songs (see above!). Singing and dancing right next to Mat Kearney when he jumped off stage into the audience. This show was amazing and the perfect reminder of how much I love live music.

Time to make homemade cards


With the chilly weather and sun going down earlier, there is more time indoors to read, watch movies, and make homemade cards.

I hope everyone has been enjoying these last few weeks of fall and takes a minute these next few days to think about everything your thankful for this Thanksgiving. 

I'm always the one who makes my family go around the table and say what we're thankful for. If you don't have someone in your family like that, here's your chance. What are you most thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment