Anyone who has spent more than a few hours with me knows I'm a goal setter. It's a part of me. It's what I do. I set big goals and little goals and do my best to meet them in their respected times.
Little goals like "get enough sleep" can be achieved on a daily and weekly basis where as things like "visit South America" are obviously a bit more long term goals. I find it valuable to set goals with varying lengths of time because I need gratification on a daily basis but also need long term things to work towards.
This year, I made a group of seasonal goals for the first time ever. I had a few big things I really wanted to achieve, so I gave myself the whole season of fall to achieve them. I wanted to:
- Run the Hot Chocolate 15k. CHECK!
It wasn't my fastest race ever, but I was so proud of myself for finishing & for listening to my body so that I didn't get injured.
- Find a gym to teach at. CHECK!
Many people don't know this, but this summer, I got certified to be a group fitness instructor. I'm planning to write about the process at a later date, but the goal for the fall was to find somewhere to teach. Thanks to talking to the right people and being in the right place at the right time, I taught my first class today at the gym I already belong to!
- Book a flight to Boston. CHECK!
Thanks to a Cyber Monday flight deal and a random Monday off work in February, I was finally able to find a time to visit my brother in Boston. I was so excited to find a good deal and can't wait to visit a city I love and my brother whom I miss getting to see on a normal basis.
It feels really great to check off these 3 big items, but in true Jessica fashion, I am already working on a 25 before 25 list of goals for next year :)
I hope everyone reading has found a goal setting method that helps you maintain balance as well as push yourself!
I hope everyone reading has found a goal setting method that helps you maintain balance as well as push yourself!

No comments:
Post a Comment