Wow, I cannot believe it has been 2 years since I was sitting in Grainger attempting to study for exams but feeling such wanderlust and unrest that I started this blog.
2 years!
So much yet so little has changed since then. I still have an almost constant wanderlust, doubt myself and my work at times, have anxiety, and can be self destructive with my procrastination and bad habits, but so many amazing things have also changed. I graduated from college, moved to a new city, have 100% supported myself for a year now, have made many great new friends, and although I'm not perfect by any means, I do a lot better job of slowing down and appreciating my life.
The blog itself has even changed. The main theme is still thankfulness, but I now let myself be a little more free with what I write and share. I finally changed my blog header a few weeks ago, added two new pages to my header bar, and updated my layout so I can share larger photos. I have other ideas of what can be done, but for now, I am happy with my space.
So much yet so little has changed since then. I still have an almost constant wanderlust, doubt myself and my work at times, have anxiety, and can be self destructive with my procrastination and bad habits, but so many amazing things have also changed. I graduated from college, moved to a new city, have 100% supported myself for a year now, have made many great new friends, and although I'm not perfect by any means, I do a lot better job of slowing down and appreciating my life.
The blog itself has even changed. The main theme is still thankfulness, but I now let myself be a little more free with what I write and share. I finally changed my blog header a few weeks ago, added two new pages to my header bar, and updated my layout so I can share larger photos. I have other ideas of what can be done, but for now, I am happy with my space.
Honestly, I never thought after so much time, this blog would still be around. What began as a desperate plea for peace has turned into one of my main tools of living with intention. It has literally turned in to a space for me to appreciate 'pieces of sunshine.'
Sometimes those moments are big, like when I share about my travels. But sometimes they are really small, like when I see the beauty in a smashed bowl. Both the big and small things I post about, however, are really cathartic.
Today, I am thankful for this space to acknowledge and share my blessings and beauty in the world.
Thank you to everyone who has experienced this 2 year journey with me, no matter how long or short you've been reading :)
Today, I am thankful for this space to acknowledge and share my blessings and beauty in the world.
Thank you to everyone who has experienced this 2 year journey with me, no matter how long or short you've been reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment