Yes, spring cleaning means
SPRING finally decided to show its face :)
After sleeping in, enjoying a hearty bowl of oatmeal, and completing my 5k run for half marathon training, I decided to tackle the mess my room had become. I normally have an extremely clean room, but between exams, projects, work, training, and just life in general, my room had become an absolute mess the past few weeks. Shoes everywhere, books & computers covering my desk, and jeans & t-shirts thrown all over my closet. The mess was literally stressing me out.
 |
| Not very conducive to productivity... |
 |
| Disaster zone |
Thankfully, I find cleaning and organizing my room very relaxing. After catching up on sleep, it was the first thing I wanted to do over spring break. I turned on some tunes, opened my balcony door for the first time since October, and invited my roommate in to hang out and chat with me. Multi-tasking at its finest.
 |
| The top shelf of the closet unloaded on my bed. |
 |
Shoe boxes from the closet. The sad thing is I forgot to
take a picture of all the shoes covering the floor. |
Even though I know I am blessed with so much, I have been wanting a lot of things lately from new clothes to shoes to even nail polish, although I already have at least 30 colors. Sometimes when I realize just how much I really do have, I get overwhelmed and want to throw it all away and start over. I quickly realize, however, this is a stupid idea and instead decide to focus on what I have, be thankful, and realize I do not actually need anything.
Cleaning and organizing everything only took a few hours, but I felt a sense of calm as if I went on a week long retreat. It's so refreshing to tackle a stress in life in order to appreciate what I have and get somewhat of a fresh start.
 |
| Finally organized! |
 |
| Yes, I arrange my clothes in the order of the rainbow. |
 |
| Officially ready for spring :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment