Yesterday I had a really great run, and just wasn't feeling super motivated to run today. I had a bunch of energy, however, so I decided to try my hand at a new yoga workout. Caitlin from Healthy Tipping Point always talks about how much yoga helps her train for races, so I've been trying to do OnDemand workouts when I can and stretch more when I don't have time for yoga.
Today, I put on Elise Gulan's Yoga Fitness Plus and was surprised by how hard it was. I was feeling really good after my run yesterday (4 miles in 31 minutes!) and how well my half marathon training has been going, but today's workout was way out of my league. Quitting isn't usually part of my vocabulary, and today is the first time I quit in the middle of a workout video. After half an hour of trying to manage my way through all the balancing, warrior poses, chaturangas, etc. I finally had to give up. I spent a majority of the time in child's pose anyway, and I was growing increasingly frustrating. Yoga is supposed to be calming right? My body literally could not bend in to some of the things she was doing, so I vowed to move to an easier video next time and work my way up to this one.
Although I couldn't even do half of what the instructor was doing, it was nice to bring myself back to reality. Just because running is going well, doesn't mean I'm some super athlete who can do anything. It's helpful for me to remember this so I continue to push myself because obviously there is still room to improve :)
Sidenote....
When you humiliate someone, aren't you really doing them a favor since you're making them a more humble person?
Hmm, something to ponder. Opinions are welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment