Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all have been having a fabulous day with family and friends and taking a moment to enjoy the simple things in life. 

I have so much to be thankful for this year: my job & coworkers, my beautiful apartment & roommate, all my friends in Chicago & around the country (& one abroad!), my health & the gym I work out at...but today, I am most thankful that all four members of my family will be together for the first time in five months. 


Honestly, a few years ago, I never would have thought this is what I would someday be most thankful for. All of those family vacations where it seemed like I could never get away from them or the long summer days when my friends were all on vacation and my family was the only ones to hang out with so I didn’t want to. And now, here I am so thankful that we will all be in the same place at the same time for a few days.

I can’t go back and tell myself to be more thankful for those moments of all being together, but it does make me think about all of the moments I take for granted in my life now. 

Wanting to actually go execute research myself so bad that I forget that there is so much to still learn about coordination and analyzing on the back end. Wanting to be in a relationship so bad sometimes that I forget to appreciate doing whatever I want whenever I want as a single woman. Wanting to look or feel a different way at times that I forget to really appreciate how I look and feel right now.

I hope to do a better job appreciating these things, especially over the rest of the year, but today, I am thankful to have the opportunity to appreciate being all together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment