![]() |
| Not my photo since I forgot my camera chord, but pretty much the same view from my 3rd floor cubicle. |
Even though I am at my own cubicle at Grainger I am still just as restless as I usually am at my apartment. My restlessness used to be limited to my love of travel but after experiencing so much more of the world last semester, I am even more restless and restless more often. I want to go everywhere. Boston. New York. North Carolina. Maine. France. Portugal. Belgium. London (Lord only knows why after everything I've been through there). and of course my dear Italy. I choose a new city or country I want to move to every day, and it has actually become a joke between me and a friend. My restlessness flows over in to my career goals. English teacher abroad. Study abroad advisor. Registered Dietician. An advertising career. Event planning. Public relations. And again, it changes every day.
My restlessness seems to be under a magnifying glass now that it's finals week. Everything I do either revolves around studying or procrastinating studying and restlessness is perfect for anyone trying to procrastinate. I go from one blog to the next while listening to Grooveshark. Then I move on to the news sites. Then Facebook. And of course I have to check my e-mail once more. And repeat.
Verona was the best and worst thing for my restlessness. It satisfied it for 4 full months but just allowed it to grow exponentially upon returning to America. I hope this blog will help me appreciate what I have in my life right now and settle my soul a bit.
| Il Teatro Romano. |
| The city that makes my heart sing. |
Often times, especially lately, I become too caught up in bad things in my life which just bring me down, and I want to make a change. I want this to be a place where I can post photos or stories of things I find to be beautiful each day. Mostly pictures since I'm a visual person, but I also want to develop my writing skills again, so I will also try my hand at that. Also, if I ever get the courage to make this a more public blog, I hope that my friends and others will share what they have found beautiful in their days as well.
There is something so healing about the warmth of the sun, so this is my piece of sunshine for days when the real sun just won't shine.

No comments:
Post a Comment