Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Here we go again...Day 1

I have been having such an amazing time in Chicago this summer and am so thankful for everything in my life, but with so much to do, I'm having a hard time slowing down and soaking it up sometimes. Natalie is taking my 30 day thankfulness challenge right now (check it out), and I would like to challenge myself to another month of daily posts. So here goes day 1...take two.

My first Taste of Chicago!


I have been to the much smaller, low key Taste of Champaign, but today was my first Taste of Chicago. There were so many more vendors than I expected, but the deals were also a lot better than I expected! You get 12 tickets for $8, and most of the taste dishes are four tickets. I got three different taste dishes all for $8...that's cheaper than dinner out & I got just as much food! I tried spinach stuffed pizza from Bacino's, curry vegetable stir fry from an Indian restaurant & an Oreo parfait from a French dessert shop.

The food was great & the atmosphere exciting, but the best part was getting to see my friend Jane for the first time since graduation & my other friend Nancy. It was so great to share a new experience with two good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment