Monday, June 6, 2011

Si j'avais plus de temps...

I completed this sentence many times with all the things I would do if I had more time while studying Subjunctive in French. I always tried to honestly answer what I would do if I had more time and looked forward to the 3 weeks of summer I would have after graduation before moving & starting my internship in Chicago. Things usually included blogging, reading, and running. Although I'm not sure I did as much as I wanted to (i.e. I only blogged once during those 3 weeks!), I did enjoy the past 3 weeks of down time and relaxation. 

Below are some things I did do with my time:
- Took walks, went for delish lemon custard & hung out with Kati
- Went to the gym 3 times a week & did workouts at home on the other days
- Celebrated my dad's 30 year anniversary at work by going to the new "gastrobrewery" in Downtown Champaign, Destihl
- Watched the whole, only season of What About Brian on Netflix. Am I seriously the only one who loved that show?
- Fully celebrated the return of my Netflix account by watching tons of great foreign & American movies
- Found my summer anthem, Super Bass by Nicki Minaj. I can't help my smile & dance whenever it comes on! It was a girl's ring tone on the L today & had to force myself not to break out dancing.
- Moved in with my aunt in Chicago & explored the city all weekend. It was fun to adventure around as a summer resident rather than just a tourist :)

I'm so thankful for all of the different things I was able to do with my free time, but it seems I may actually be better at blogging when I'm busy, so hopefully a more normal posting schedule will ensue shortly....

No comments:

Post a Comment