Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Beautiful Day at the Dose Market

Anyone in the Chicagoland area this weekend knows we were blessed with a beautiful weekend of 60 degree weather. I enjoyed my Saturday with a windy outdoor run and sunny walk to the grocery store, and Sunday was spent at the Dose Market downtown and my first meal of the season on Vines' outdoor patio.

I have been wanting to go to the Dose Market ever since I moved here, but it's only held once a month & had yet to make it. Thankfully, that changed this weekend, and it was the perfect day to enjoy it for the first time.

An overview of the market

The market overall had an air of joy and adventure as people explored all of the jewelry and clothing stands and sampled jams, dips, and treats. We even received a ticket for a free beer from the Half Acre table with our entrance ticket, which we enjoyed out in the sunshine.

Enjoying our free beers from Half Acre outside

I clearly have had little issue switching to my spring wardrobe already.

My beautiful roommate Kathryn & friend Natalie

Overall, it was a successful Sunday spent outdoors as much as possible. I'm a little nervous to believe it, but I really hope spring is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment