Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Flower Bouquets

Day 2 of wedding thankfulness: Flower bouquets


What is it about flowers that just makes you feel special? 

Normally when I receive flowers from someone, I think I feel special because someone thought of me and took the time to pick out something pretty for me. And flowers are even better when they're a surprise :)

I remember the first time I received flowers was my freshman year of high school. My boyfriend at the time had them delivered to my house for my birthday, and it made me feel so special. In a random turn of events, he also took my to my formal my senior year of college and showed up at my door with a single yellow rose since he remembered they were my favorite. He is such a thoughtful friend, and both of the flower instances were such great surprises and made me feel so girly and special.

Even though my bridesmaid bouquet wasn't really a surprise, I still felt so special carrying it around. Sara & I had shared tons of ideas over Pinterest the past few months, but to see the final result in person and get to carry one around all day myself was so fun.


At one point, I even got to carry both my own bouquet and Sara's. Her bouquet was huge and made my hand cramp from holding it with one hand, so I had to enlist my Aunt Mary's help. 


I couldn't stand the thought of leaving my bouquet in Peoria, so it even made the trek back to Chicago with me, and is currently the centerpiece on our dining room table. It's losing its original glory, but is still a happy reminder of the great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment