I know I often talk about my immediate family of my mom, dad and brother, but I also truly love hanging out with my extended family. I also know a lot of people complain about going to large family events, but I have always loved seeing all of my aunts, uncles and cousins at family events and holidays. Campion family weddings, however, are something truly special.
| Sadly, I don't have a picture of the whole extended family from the day yet, but here's one of my immediate fam. |
The excitement surrounding the event builds over the months before, and the actual event never lets us down. We have been blessed by many beautiful family weddings over the years, but for me, this one truly took the cake. No pun intended. Especially since there were cupcakes rather than cake at the wedding anyways...
Not only did I have the honor of being in the wedding, but it also marked the first time I had seen my brother since my birthday in December and the first time my whole extended family was all in one place at the same time in a really long time (we were only missing one of my cousins & her husband).
| We take the best photos :) |
I have always thrived off the camaraderie and energy when we're all together, and seeing everyone together last Saturday was no different. Family gatherings are always times when I remember how beautiful life is and how blessed I am to have such a large, loving family.
Usually big, exciting events are a blur where a lot of moments seem to run together and you don't even realize what all has happened by the end of the night. In order to have at least a few solid memories from big events, I always try to slow down & soak in the experience as much as possible. I like to think of those moments I slow down & soak in my surroundings as my "snapshot moments." The moments that stay in my mind like a photograph.
Some of my family "snapshot moments" from last Saturday are:
- Watching the hair stylist put Sara's veil on her. My first tears of the day.
- Hearing Sara & Tim say their vows to one another.
- My cousin John getting me a glass of wine then making sure I had notes and was ready for my toast. I remember him being nervous before giving the toast at his brother's wedding, so it was really nice of him to make sure I was feeling good about mine.
- Watching my cousin Dan take care of his beautiful baby girl, Ella.
- Tearing up while listening to my Uncle Jim give one of the most touching toasts I've ever heard.
- Giving a shout out to all of my cousins & seeing Sara smile during my toast. More on that to come soon...
- Stuffing in to the photo booth with 5 of my cousins.
- Singing at the top of my lungs with my brother to every song.
![]() |
| I don't remember what song this was, but we obviously enjoyed it. |
I hope everyone reading this is blessed with at least one family member that brings them as much joy as my family brings me.

No comments:
Post a Comment