Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 29: My New Curling Wand :)

A girl I studied abroad with and who has the shift before me in the media lab on Thursdays told me about this amazing curling wand she bought over winter break, and after seeing pictures of her beautiful hair when styled with it and learning it only cost $25, I decided I should probably get one too. I drug my brother to Target with me, and after getting over the shock of the store being completely rearranged, we found the curling iron/straightener/blow dryer section (I don't actually know what this section is called...hmm) and quickly found the curling wand. There were 2 to choose from, but I decided on the one with a full handed heat protecting glove rather than the one that only covered 3 fingers since I sometimes have clumsy/burning issues. At home we have oven mits that come almost up to my elbows because I used to burn myself all the time...

Curling wand! 
After spending too much money on other purchases (although they were all good purchases!), we headed back to campus. I helped Nat dig her car out of the snow then headed home to try out my sweet new curling wand. There was a bit of a learning curve, but honestly, it was quite easy and didn't take very long because the wand gets really hot. I was definitely thankful for the heat glove!

When I was all done my hair looked amazing and I felt sassy. I wasn't planning on going out that night after the dance performance I had to go to, but I felt so good once I was all ready, I decided why not? While waiting for the performance to begin, I texted Kati and Nat to spread the news of the amazingness of the curling wand. Nat just laughed at the picture I sent her, but seriously, everyone should go buy one! I wonder if they call it a "wand" because it's magical. I bet every fairy godmother has one now...haha

Feelin' sassy with my curling wand curled hair :)

2 comments:

  1. I was sleeping when I got your text on Saturday...can you believe that?!? haha.
    But your hair looks fantastic! Good purchase

    ReplyDelete