"No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow." - Proverb from Guinea
At my job this summer, working for a missions camp, we had the campers play a game where they had to randomly choose a card with a proverb from around the world on it then explain the proverb and how it related to the week they were hoping to experience at camp. I liked a lot of the quotes, but this one was always my favorite. If I was ever having a bad day, I would try to keep this in mind, and it often comforted me good times would follow no matter how long the bad times seemed to last.
I'd like to be able to announce that today was a beautiful, sunny, 60 degree day where I ran outside and wore my sunnies all day, but in actuality, it snowed last night and I spent most of my day bundled up inside. No, the spring I'm referring to today, is a creative spring.
I've been trying to spend more time sketching, developing my writing, and feeding my creativity, but even though I've been trying to do more creative activities, I didn't always feel exceptionally inspired. Today, however, the sun broke through the winter clouds, and I felt overwhelmingly creative and productive. I am so thankful, and hoping this creative spring sticks around for a while because I'm really enjoying this smile it's put on my face.
just came across your blog! it's fabulous! you have some great insight on your posts! great pictures- it def makes me wish spring was closer!
ReplyDelete