Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 26: My Pink Winter Hat

I bought my pink winter hat to go skiing in Italy, which turned in to an interesting event...but I'm still so glad I purchased it. I've never been a big hat person, since I have a big head, but I love the idea of hats. I didn't originally bring it to school, but after I remembered just how cold it gets in Central Illinois during the winter, I had my brother bring it from home for me.

Normally I'm able to get by with a scarf, my thick mittens, and my long, wool peacoat, but on days such as today, the big guns had to come out. Today I broke out both my big wool sweater and of course, the pink hat. I hate the cold, but a strange part of me loves getting completely bundled up and heading out in to the arctic tundra. I'm much more content sitting in my warm apartment blogging and watching television, but sometimes it's fun to throw yourself out in the elements too.

What I looked like walking around campus with the ice rain pelting me in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment