Sunday, February 20, 2011

Homemade Pizza

After a long day beginning with a phone interview, then doing some internship research, going on a 4 mile run outside (!), and meeting up with Jane to do more internship research, I was extremely excited to relax with Julie and Natalie and enjoy homemade pizza. The other day, I had a craving for pizza made with Julie's delicious whole wheat crust and realized I hadn't had pizza in a long time, so I quickly set up a girls' night to make the pizza.

The menu was:
  - Sweet onion, Granny Smith apple & Gouda
  - Pesto, Tomato, mushroom & fresh mozzarella


Almost like a menu at San Matteo's...only not in Italy and about 50 pizza options short. But close :)
PS, please note the song playing on San Matteo's website once you enter the main site (click "Entra"). I literally laughed out loud. Still the best pizza in Verona though.

Me & Nat at San Matteo's
While cutting up the toppings, we realized the onion I was planning on using was disgustingly moldy, so we headed on an adventure over to County Market. Thankfully we ran in to Natalie on our way there so she didn't go knocking on a door to an empty apartment, and she brought these lemon bars which were delicious!

Both pizzas were delicious, but the Gouda pizza was by far the winner in my book! Thankfully there was extras of both, so I have leftovers for tomorrow.

P.S.
It's official, my first big girl purchase after a new computer will hopefully be a nice camera so my pictures don't turn out so dark and blurry.

P.P.S.
I just received a message that my Picassa is out of space...guess I'll need to purchase more so I can keep using pictures on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. haha - san matteo never ceases to amaze - the song choice is interesting...to say the least.

    ReplyDelete