Saturday, December 11, 2010

Butterflies

Yes, I love the colorful flying type, but since it's the middle of December, there aren't really too many of those to be found.

I don't have any butterfly pics, but this gives me the same kind of feeling & is another thing you won't find in the middle of December.

I'm talking about the butterflies you get in your belly when you get really excited about something, or more specifically, someone. Nothing may even happen between you and that person, but the feeling you get when you're so nervous to talk to them that you stumble on your words or hope you don't fall flat on your face is one of the best feelings in the world. It's one of those feelings that reminds you that you're alive.

I had that feeling for the first time today in a very long time. I loved someone so much and was so hurt by them that, although I figured I would feel butterfly excitement again some day, it was also sometimes extremely doubtful in my mind. Nothing will probably come from it, but it was so nice to have that feeling again and to be able to just sit and enjoy the uncomfortable yet exciting butterflies.

It gives me hope.
Maybe not today, but I finally believe that I will feel like this again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment