Monday, December 13, 2010

I See the Light

After two weeks of doing almost nothing but studying, avoiding studying, writing papers, avoiding writing papers, and drinking more caffeine than I have in the past 4 years combined, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  There were times I questioned whether I would make it through Macroeconomics, but I took my final today and officially survived.  It feels even better than I thought it would to be done, and I actually learned a lot.

My desk at work while writing my Media Studies paper.  Articles, books, data tables, 2 computers, puppy chow...

I found something really comedic in the enormous amount of coffee containers in the trash outside the Foreign Language building. The Starbucks cup must have thought so too. "Funny, isn't it?"
Also, I finally asked my professor where he is from after spending the entire semester trying to figure it out.  At first I thought he was from South Africa then from some random English speaking place in Latin America and finally had decided on somewhere in the UK once he started using the UK for all of our examples in class.  Much to my surprise, he's originally from Germany, grew up in New York City, and has spent a lot of time in Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries.  AKA he has one of the strangest accents you will ever hear.

I still have a 5 page and another 2 page Italian paper to write, but as much as I complain about them, I do genuinely enjoy being able to write in a foreign language.  In comparison to everything else I've done the past 2 weeks, I'm just so excited to finally feel that there is an end in sight.

Tonight I'm getting "inspired" to write my Italian papers by watching a foreign film.  Too bad it's French...oh well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment