Saturday, December 18, 2010

So Many Things

There are so many things to be thankful for today so I decided to make a short list.

1) Campion Christmas.  It was so nice to be able to enjoy my family's company and all of the delicious food without overdoing it and being able to take moments to just sit and realize how much I enjoy being around my family.

The Campion clan at John & Tiffany's wedding two years ago.
This is more like what a get together is usually like. Organized chaos :)

2) Taking pictures of silly things I find pretty.  I went outside in the freezing cold without my coat to take pictures of the bottles of homemade cherry and blueberry wine my uncle put out in the snow to chill.  My dad laughed at me, but the bright colors of the wine in the fun, classic bottles were too pretty not to photograph, and I'm so glad I made sure the capture the moment.





3) Prosecco!  Aside from Spritz (actually Prosecco is usually used in Spritz, so I guess it's very similar), Prosecco is my favorite drink from Italy and one of my favorite memory triggers of Italy.  I will always remember Renaud going back to grab dessert while I was waiting in line at Billa but instead coming back with two bottles of Prosecco and then popping the corks off the bottles out the window of the neighbor's apartment trying to see how far we could make them go.  Any time I see Prosecco that isn't too expensive, I make sure to pick it up.  Drinking it has a light, nostalgic feeling that I adore and hopefully will always remind me of happy memories.




4) Being rewarded for my hard work.  I logged on to Compass today to check my grades and much to my surprise, I received an A on my Poli Sci research paper and an A overall in the class!  I worked so hard on that paper and in the class, and it is so nice to feel that my hard work paid off.

My pile of notes and articles to be recycled.

No comments:

Post a Comment