Sunday, December 26, 2010

Icicles

After finals, I came home to the roof of my house lined in "white" LED icicle lights that really look blue compared to our old school lights on the bushes and our big wreath.  They're pretty, but I complained that the two colors look silly together.  Christmas Eve, however, we had a fairly large snow and when the water melted and ran off the roof, our fake icicle lights were covered and replaced with natural icicles.  They started small but quickly grew in to some of the largest icicles I've ever seen.  My favorite one starts as 3 smaller icicles, grows together at the bottom, and is HUGE!  They are beautiful throughout the day, but are exceptionally stunning at night when they are lit up by the icicle lights that lie beneath the real ones.

First day of icicles
Full view
Day two...they were huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment