I have always enjoyed making my own gifts for Christmas but haven't really had the time the past two years to make as many as I would like. My cousin got a new job this fall where she sometimes has to wear a hard hat, so I joked with her that I would make her a bedazzled one for Christmas. When her boyfriend doubted that I would actually make one, I decided to prove him wrong, and what can be a better Christmas gift than a bedazzled hard hat? I hope she likes it :)
Growing up, my brother & I made gingerbread houses each year and would usually kick my parents out of the kitchen and sing Christmas songs as we assembled and decorated. My mom decided she wanted to make one this year too, so we bought a kit at the store last week and sat down to put it together yesterday. It started off well, enjoying the sweet and spicy smell of the gingerbread but quickly turned bad and ended with me screaming and frantically trying to push the roof of the house back together. I watched the gumballs lining the roof slowly cave in until they fell all the way through. The first sign of the instability of the house was when the roof didn't line up with the side walls, but I decided to push forward with the decorating. It went well and I had fun for a while until the roof became too heavy and finally just slid off. Hopefully we'll be able to put it together with the glue gun today once I get it from my apartment.
 |
A solid start
|
 |
Pretty gum ball roof
|
 |
And then the roof literally split
|
 |
Attempting to salvage the house
|
No comments:
Post a Comment