Wednesday, December 15, 2010

People from the Past

This morning I woke up not feeling so well physically or mentally, so I took some me time reading and writing in my journal before heading to the gym.  I was already feeling better, but right when I got in the locker room and saw my favorite volleyball coach from high school, I knew it really was going to be a good day.

I always had good coaches both for school and club teams, but Heather taught me so much both on and off the court, and I even got to work for her one summer at Campus Rec.  Her intelligence, strength, and confidence make her one of the most beautiful women I've ever met, and I am so fortunate to be able to have been one of her players. She always influenced me to play my best on the court, which then made me strive to always do my best in everything in my life as well.  Somewhere in the past year I have struggled with and sometimes forgotten that.  Running in to her today made me remember how much she believed in me, how much I used to believe in myself, and how much I really do have going for me.

I am a strong, intelligent young woman and had an amazing workout once I finally remembered and fully embraced that.  I got on the treadmill and ran for the first time in a very long time.  I felt amazing.  I stopped worrying about what I looked like and just enjoyed how good it felt to be focused and running.  Normally I try to run multiple miles, even if I haven't run in a while, but today I let myself run one really good mile.  I focused on being strong and making that one mile the best I could run. It felt so good.

I am so thankful that I ran in to Heather today and remembered everything she taught me about being a confident, amazing woman.

This may not seem to go with my post, but this was taken at a time in my life when I was just living and loving life and not caring so much about what I looked like. Strangely, it's one of my favorite pictures of myself and I finally found it after looking 2 days for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment