Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 25: My Morning Run

Every morning first semester Junior year, I ran at least 3 miles with my friend Torie, and felt it was the absolute best way to start each day. Somewhere between then and now, I had forgotten that, but thankfully remembered it today. I rose easily from bed this morning and trekked through the cold to the ARC for a weekday, morning run. 
Torie, Wendy & me after the Greek Week 5k we ran.
It was surprising to me how easily the run went by. I knew that running used to come really easily to me, but since it had been a while since I tried to run consistently, I had forgotten. With my Girl Talk on and the laps flying by, I realized how amazing I felt. I comfortably and confidently completed my 3 miles in less than 30 minutes, and felt ready for whatever the day would bring, which ended up being a lot. Riding the bus to my 11 am class, I sat back and realized that I had already run 3 miles, made a few calls, and answered some important e-mails. It wasn't even 11 am, and I had already accomplished so much and felt so good about myself.

I ran around the rest of the day going to class, meeting with teachers, running random errands and pretty much going straight from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm then I came home to do homework before heading to work from 8 to midnight. It was an extremely long day, but after my enlivening morning run, I felt like I could take on anything and was happy and confident all day long.

I'm sad that I let myself fall in to such a slump of low self esteem but am so thankful that I finally felt healthy, strong, and like myself again. I feel like I'm "getting my glow back". Getting back in to the groove of morning runs is such a simple, yet amazing change, and I can't wait to see how much more I am able to take on each day after my morning run.

No comments:

Post a Comment