Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Beauty in the Rain


Life has been a beautiful mess of both amazing blessings as well as some trying times lately. I've found myself complaining more than I like to and more often than I usually do. And honestly, for no real reason.

I woke up this morning exhausted and not wanting to teach Pilates especially when I had to be up and out of bed before 6 am. I knew I had already committed to subbing the class, had pre-made half my smoothie last night, and had all my clothes packed for the day. There was no getting out of this, but it also didn't mean I was my normal bright and cheery self.

I rode the train downtown, read my book, and slapped a smile on my face as soon as I got to the gym trying to be in the best mood I could despite my unusually sour attitude. The cloud hung over me until about half way through class when I had a sudden realization and dropped the negative.

While laying on my side leading the class through a leg series, it suddenly hit me how teaching Pilates is something I've wanted to do since high school. Ever since I fell in love with the workout when I started doing Pilates videos with the kids I babysat, it has been a dream of mine, and here I was, taking the realization of that same dream I had worked for so hard for granted.

My sunny attitude returned for the rest of class, and I'm not going to lie and say I stayed in the greatest mood all day, but I can say I was able to slow down and acknowledge that the things I was complaining about (new challenges at work, teaching more workout classes, changes with friends) were actually things I have worked so hard for. 

There are moments that aren't perfect, but overall, where I am in life and where I'm going is really great, and I am willing to accept the bad with all the good this life gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment