This spring, I went in to super-summer planning mode in preparation for a truly great season. It began with a trip to San Francisco with friends followed by a trip to Ireland with family, many visitors from Texas, tickets for two three-day music festivals, and a tubing trip through Living Social. This weekend was the big weekend of the tubing trip, so Saturday morning, I boarded the bus with a handful of friends as well as plenty of strangers to tube down the Tippecanoe River in Indiana.
It was a pretty chilly 68 degrees, but thankfully it wasn't too cold out on the river. We all roped our inter-tubes together and happily floated down the river. There were a few unexpected turn of events and chilly moments, but overall, it was so nice to spend a day outside and away from the city.
Covered in river water, wearing shorts and a sweatshirt on the ride home, it almost felt like for the day, I didn't live in the city. I love living in Chicago, but sometimes you just need a day like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment