Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 1: The Express Train

Life has been moving really fast lately, so in hopes of appreciating what's going on around me more and slowing down a bit, I'm here for another 30 days of thankfulness.


This morning was a normal Monday. Well rested from my lazy Sunday yet still running a bit behind schedule. That is until my morning was made better by the simple announcement I heard just over my music. "This train will be running express from Fullerton to Merchandise Mart." 

What a glorious sound. I had heard about the express trains to the Loop in the mornings but had never experienced one myself, and was beginning to think it was some sort of unicorn. Something you're always looking for but somehow is too good to be true. Thankfully, however, the morning express train is real. 

Thanks CTA for the morning express train which put a big grin on my face and shaved a good 15 minutes off my commute allowing me to walk in to the office 15 minutes early rather than my normal Monday-morning-minute-or-two late. 



No comments:

Post a Comment