Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 11: Amazing Friends


The past few weeks, I've been organizing a volunteer event at my office where college students from Chicago Youth Programs come in for professional development workshops. It's a really great event we've hosted the past two years and is exactly the kind of thing I love to organize and host, but it's also been a bit stressful organizing all of the sessions, volunteers, and logistics of the day.

Today was the big day of the event, and I was blessed to have two of my best friends help me with the day. I was really excited for the event but still slightly nervous this morning. However, having my friends with me while I set up really calmed me down and made me remember people are cheering for me and want to see me succeed. 

They actually told me they would be making funny faces at me in the back row while I led the introduction (which they didn't end up doing), but even if they had, just knowing they were there really meant a lot to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment