I know I just shared a story yesterday of being in a bad mood, and I promise I haven't been in a bad mood 24/7, but the story I have to share today does involve another "good with the bad" moment.
In June, I was on vacation with my family in Ireland and one day was in a randomly horrible mood. Later that day, I received a few pieces of bad news from back home. It was a lot to take in when I was on such a relaxing, gorgeous vacation, and it really got me down for a few hours.
In June, I was on vacation with my family in Ireland and one day was in a randomly horrible mood. Later that day, I received a few pieces of bad news from back home. It was a lot to take in when I was on such a relaxing, gorgeous vacation, and it really got me down for a few hours.
Sadly, I took the majority of a day for granted. I went to bed feeling sad about the news I had heard even though I tried to make the best of it and feeling a bit down in general.
In the morning, I woke up to a piece of fabulous news via text message. Not only was I excited about the news itself, but I was also so thankful for the lesson I was reminded of that morning.
This is life. Bad things are going to happen. But there is always something amazing just around the corner if you keep your eyes open.
Yes, the not-so-great things had happened and I gave them their appropriate time to process my feelings about them, but I was in Ireland. With my family. Thankfully, I was able to open my eyes to all of the amazing things going on in my life that morning. And what better place then surrounded by the beautiful views of Ireland?
I'll be sharing many photos of the trip shortly, but for today, this is the story I needed to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment