I love live music and last night, I finally got the chance to see a friend's band perform for the first time. It was an acoustic set at the Hard Rock Hotel, so not the 'full' electric experience I guess, but it was still a lot of fun. I love seeing people do things they love.
It reminds me of how alive I felt whenever I played volleyball or when I decided to try out for the musical my senior year or tried my hand at a real dance class for the first time. It also reminds me how much I miss having something of my own like that. I miss the performing aspect. Even playing volleyball was a performance of sorts, and I miss the adrenaline and excitement surrounding it.
I've been talking to Kathryn the past few months about needing to find my own 'performance' hobby, but I just haven't found it yet. Stand up? Storytelling? Poetry slams? Nothing seems to fit yet. Or maybe I'm too scared to jump in and be bad at something.
I love keeping this blog and going to the gym and making my cards, but I still feel a little restless in the creative/performing part of my life. At least I have a fire in me to find what gives me that excitement again. Until then, I'm thankful to have the opportunity to see others do what they love.
No comments:
Post a Comment