Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 26: Growth

Thursday was going great, and then something hit me out of left field. Something that just a year ago would have made me curl up in a ball, be anti-social, and want to forget it ever happened. Something that would have made me lose my balance and peace of mind.

Thankfully, over the past year, I've taken the time to invest in my health and well being more than I had been. I've gotten back to the gym and am almost back to being in the type of shape I like to be in. Sara bought me these books for my birthday that helped me get back in touch with my spiritual life. I've returned to journaling as a form of relaxation and relief from anxiety. I've invested in good, meaningful friendships. And I've learned to take each day one at a time.

When Thursday evening went differently than I thought it would, I took the rest of the day in to my own hands. Instead of  pushing people away and crumbling in on myself, I let myself be upset then called Natalie and Kathryn to hang out and chat. I let myself think. talk. vent. I let my friends help me. I let them comfort me. And I let myself deal in a healthy way.

Love them

We sat on the floor (well I did at least) chatting and drinking wine then Kathryn made us gouda and pesto grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and had a really good time.

My delish grilled cheese

I can't lie and say that I wasn't upset or that there wasn't any frustration or anxiety attributed to the situation, but I am so thankful to have been
able to handle it the way I did.

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters." - Epictetus

No comments:

Post a Comment