In honor of Memorial Day weekend, Kathryn & I planned my first trip to the beach :)
The day got off to a great start by wearing my beach clothes to work.
And after just 3 hours of work (gotta love half days!), a coworker and I headed over to the beach. It was nothing but pure joy the whole walk over, especially when we were walking through the tunnel under Lakeshore knowing we were getting so close. The beach in Chicago is so crazy because you're sitting on the beach relaxing yet there is a bustling city and beautiful skyline behind you the whole time.
There were views like this:
And this:
| Classic feet shot |
And there was a fabulous nap.
Then the day started to head south, however. I quickly began to realize I was burning more than usual, and although I hadn't slathered on the sunscreen as much as I should have, it still should have done a better job than it did. This is when I discovered that my sunscreen was older than I realized and had expired....
Cut to painful & splotchy sunburns over my legs, chest, stomach and arms:
And enter Noxzema purchased at CVS just in time to save the day.
![]() |
| I'm not personally a fan of classic aloe, but Noxzema always takes the sting out and leaves my skin nice and soft. |
Overall, it was a pretty successful day minus the painful reminder that I am in fact not invincible and need working sunscreen just like the rest of the world. You live & you learn.
Thanks Noxzema for taking some of the pain out of my stupidity.



No comments:
Post a Comment