Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 5: Humor

Getting stuck in the rain (actually it's usually more like torrential downpours) is one of my specialties. Within the past 2 weeks, I have walked out of a building when it was just sprinkling, had it downpour on me all the way home then stop again when I reach my front door. Some may call it bad luck, but I like to think of it as the universe's way of reminding me to laugh and not take life so seriously.


Last night was a brutal night of trying to get home with already sore feet and hail pelting down and covering the ground. My shoes were too slippery to keep on, so I walked home barefoot on the ice covered sidewalks. It was really more of a running tip toe, but it got me home.


At first it's frustrating getting stuck in the rain, but what are you going to do? Just sit in the middle of the street & continue getting down-poured on? When I get stuck I like to let out a little scream and laugh all the way home. I'm sure people think I'm crazy when they see me, but I always make it to where I'm going and a good laugh is good for the soul :)



No comments:

Post a Comment