I was so exhausted today after spending all day out of the apartment going to class, my TFA meeting, and meeting up with Liz. Also, I didn't properly fuel myself today. The water bottle I bought yesterday had a hole in it (buh buuuhh), so I was thirsty for most of the day, I was starving both for lunch and when I came home at the end of the day. I ate healthy all day, but I think I need to do a better job of spacing out snacks & obviously staying better hydrated.
I wanted to skip my run so bad today, probably the worst I've ever wanted to skip a workout. I was already heading out to CVS for something so I was already leaving the apartment and decided a good, sweaty workout would help wake me up and feel better. Once I got to the ARC, I really was excited for my run but it took so much strength and willpower to get to that point. My actual run went really smoothly and came quite easily to me which felt so good.
There were tons of people at the ARC so it was fun to people watch, and I had to stay alert while running so I didn't run in to anyone or get in anyone's way. Although, I like lifting when no one is there so I don't have to wait for machines or weights, but I think I really like running when there are more people around. I ran 2 miles straight, stopped for a quick water break, then jumped right back on the track for my last mile. I kept a good pace, had a great sprint at the end, and neither of my knees hurt at all! Even if the foam roller kills sometimes, I know it's really helping my knee and I'm so glad I purchased one of my own so I can do it at home now too.
Another perk of the day, I found a great new running song! My absolute in the zone song is "Club Can't Handle Me" by Flo Rida and David Guetta because it reminds me of a really great, freeing run I had during my last trip to London. I started running down a main road and thought I would run in to a cross road I recognized, but I didn't, so I ended up accidentally running 4 miles. I had been having an extremely frustrating couple of days and realizing how strong I am and how much I can handle was exactly what I needed at that time. Anyways, back to my NEW running song..."Triple Double" by Girl Talk. It has my perfect running beat and I already love Girl Talk, so I was pumped when I realized my strides were perfectly in tune with the rhythm of the song. Now I don't have to play "Club Can't Handle Me" on repeat when I'm having a hard time getting through a run.
![]() |
| Another run in London where the sole purpose was to find Campion Road :) |
I'm so happy about this small yet important milestone for me, and am excited for the rest of my half-marathon training and overall well being journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment