This may sound really silly, but I am so excited about my bathroom sink drain that was finally unclogged today. I've lived with a semi-clogged drain all semester and with an extremely clogged drain for a little over a month. I had been cleaning the apartment most of the morning including cleaning out the shower, scrubbing the bathroom floor, and finally cleaning out the top shelf of the refrigerator when there was a knock on the door. Extremely confused at who could be at my door at 11:30 am, I meandered over to see who was there. It turned out to be maintenance workers from my apartment building's office to unclog our drains and change our furnace filter. We already changed our filter in November after waking up for a week straight to a 60 degree apartment, but I was really excited about getting my drain unclogged. I think the two guys were confused by my excitement, but I had already tried unclogging the drain for about 20 minutes before wanting to puke and giving up because it was so disgusting, and I wasn't getting anywhere.
Now I have a fabulous, unclogged drain where I don't have to worry about soap or toothpaste building up. Thanks maintenance workers for the fixed drain!
Hey there Jessica! I love the part that you did your best to drain your bathroom floor. ;) It was something I wouldn’t think of doing. You’re lucky to have reliable maintenance workers from your apartment’s office at your door. Hmmm…you may consider asking them to check your drain and pipes regularly, and best of all, check your drain for clogged hairs right after every bath. =) It’s less disgusting than to accumulate it at the strain and let it cause flood. By the way, how are you now? Keep safe.
ReplyDelete-Carmella Vancil
Awesome, Jessica! I so love surprises.And,to me, those workmen who came to your aid to unclog the drain is a great surprise to marvel at.:)
ReplyDeleteSome apartments wouldn't have maintenance staff like them.
So,I make sure that my kids learn to throw their shampoo sachets and other garbage in the bin, and I constantly clean the drains and even pour baking soda and vinegar into them to clean and unclog them.
Lovella Cushman
A group of plumbers to the rescue like Justice League, how was that? Cool! Kidding aside, the comments on your posts are quite interesting. Lovella’s suggestions are useful but to tell you the truth, I was hesitant at first to try vinegar for drainage maintenance because the bathroom might stink. In fairness, when I tried it, the sour smell didn't last long. If I may add to the ideas given, pouring hot water to the drainage occasionally is also good to keep your drainage clog-free. Keep safe.
ReplyDelete->Darryl Lorio