Some days I hate being alone but some days I love it. This past week has been a week of loving being in my apartment by myself. Don't get me wrong, I love big houses full of lots of people and living with roommates, but sometimes I just want a day or two to myself. Especially after being with about 20 to 30 people for 5 days in Boston, some alone time is nice.
I love being able to wake up at whatever time I want then sit around in the living room watching America's Next Top Model or House for hours without feeling like I'm being judged by anyone. I read my book during the commercial breaks usually, so there is a bit of mental stimulation, but sometimes it's nice to just veg out for a bit. Obviously nothing too physically or mentally strenuous, but enjoyable none the less.
 |
| My set up this morning. Lounging in my leggings & sweatshirt, America's Next Top Model, glass of water & Gomorrah. |
Also, I absolutely adore turning up my music as loud as I want and belting out my favorite songs. There is something so liberating and empowering about singing at the top of my lungs and genuinely not caring how good or bad I sound. Granted I still sing my little heart out when the roommates
aren't gone, but it's even nicer when I know I'm not disturbing anyone.
 |
| In Boston we invaded a local bar and sang every song at the top of our lungs. One Tribe y'all. |
Jules is already in and out, and soon everyone else will return to campus, but until then, I'm going to appreciate my alone time perched in front of the TV and singing at the top of my lungs.
No comments:
Post a Comment