My best friend from home,
Kati, came in to town for a concert with her boyfriend today and I got to meet up with her afterward for drinks. Kati and I have had our ups and downs, but I'm so glad that we're both making more time for one another and that we're both working on our own happiness :) We went to Seven Saints, which is probably my favorite bar now a days. The decor is so pretty and unique, including old church pews turned in to booths and an old altar turned in to a beautiful wall instillation, and I can usually forget that I am in Champaign.
I always sit at the bar and usually let the bartenders make me whatever they feel like making. It's so much fun to give someone a bit of direction like "I want something fruity" or "something with rum" and an amazing new drink I've never tried appears in front of me. On Kati's birthday they made her a cucumber inspired cocktail, which sounds kind of strange, but is actually really light and delicious. When I went with Alyse a few weeks ago, I had a Dark 'n Stormy (ginger beer & rum) which tastes like you're eating a gingerbread cookie...yum! This time Kati had one of her favorite cucumber martinis, which is pretty much the reason we went to Seven Saints then had a Tatanka, which tasted just like apple sauce. I had an orange vodka & Sprite, which wasn't as good as I would have liked it to be, but the orange slice on the side was delish! Then I had the most amazing drink I've ever had...a strawberry martini with whip cream flavored vodka in it. The girls next to us ordered them and the bartender gave us the leftovers which ended with me ordering one, and I'm so glad I did.
 |
| Kati and me with her Tatanka. Stolen from Kati's blog :) |
Fun drinks are always enjoyable, but the best part of the night was getting to catch up with Kati and spend more time getting to know her new boyfriend, Jeff. They are so great together, and it's so nice to see her so happy. We chatted about the usual topics of school, jobs next year, and Mahomet 'gossip', but Kati & I could talk about the same thing over and over again and I will still have a good time. She always reminds me to be creative, beautiful, silly and most importantly myself. I always wish we lived closer to each other, but none the less, I love you Kati & thanks for being my beautiful, loving friend.
 |
| From possibly the best summer ever :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment