I think there are a lot of clever, funny, and pretty cards on the market, but I prefer to make my own. It's a great, functional creative outlet for me, and I think it's so much more personal to make cards for my friends and family.
Usually it's just one or two at a time for birthdays or Mother's or Father's day, but sophomore year I decided to hand make Christmas cards for all of my friends. Talk about a task, but I enjoyed it so much...probably too much. I hardly had any finals that semester, so while everyone else was studying, I covered the floor in my room at AOII with my craft supplies, watched Sex and the City, and made cards for hours at a time. Glitter, ribbon, pens, card stock, the whole nine yards. I had a blast and had a fun, personal card to give each of my friends.
I hadn't made a nice card in a while and tomorrow is Julie's birthday, so this morning I broke out all the supplies and made a birthday card. When I sat down to make it though, all I could think of was how thankful I am for Julie, so it turned in to a thank you card instead.
I had a blast making it and felt super crafty. I realized I need to make sure to break out my supplies more often and explore that side of my creativity on a more regular basis.
| A big sunflower because they're Julie's favorite :) |
| Every card I make has my "for YOU by ME" signature on the back with a heart. |
No comments:
Post a Comment