Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 19: Encouragement from Teachers

I found out today in my French class that my TA, who is also named Jessica, did the teaching assistantship through the French Embassy I almost applied for. I spoke with her about it after class, and she encouraged me to go ahead and apply for it even though the deadline has already passed. Then, I saw my French TA from last semester while passing through the Foreign Language Building, and she also encouraged me to apply. I'm still not 100% sure they are still accepting applications, but I sent an e-mail to their contact e-mail and filled out the majority of the application. I just have to fill out a medical form, scan in my transcript, scan in my passport, get 2 recommendations and write a 500 words letter of intent in French. The last may be a bit of a challenge, but 2 of my compositions last semester were over 300 words, so I definitely know I can do it with a little bit of work. I hope to hear back from the e-mail I sent because I am so excited for this opportunity!

This is also reminding me to flow with time and opportunities. One year ago, I didn't even want to visit France for vacation while studying abroad yet now I'm loving learning French and am hoping to be able to seriously think about moving and working there for a year. You don't always have to fit some mold or goals you set for yourself years ago. You can't predict the future or opportunities that may come your way. Just roll with it and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment