Today was another scorcher and after sweating through most of brunch and the walk there and back, I decided it was a great day to catch up on some blogs. I was in an anxious, tired mood, so it was really relaxing to just sit in the big brown chair in the living room and calmly pull up my favorite blogs and read through all the posts I've gotten behind on. I also checked out two blogs I don't often look at (zenhabits & No Meat Athlete) and found some really time relevant posts that gave me a much needed sense of calm.
Here are some of my favorite posts I read today.
1) The Zen Habits of Teen-agers from zenhabits - Although I'm not a teenager, I do live with my Aunt and don't have a 'real' job yet. Sometimes I get frustrated by things I don't really have control over and forget to look for what I can change, which is exactly what this great post addresses.
2) 10 Ways to Live in the Present from Oh She Glows - This is my favorite blog to read full of delicious recipes and uplifting posts, and this post was no different. Things going on in her life and her posts always seem to have perfect timing in my life as well.
3) "Running is for Crazy People" by Susan Lacke of No Meat Athlete but posted on Healthy Tipping Point - I've been wanting to train for a 10k, but after hurting my foot in my train incident this week and the heat, I was losing motivation. This post reminded me of how rewarding it is to finally cross that finish line after training and also how enjoyable running can be if you let it.
4) Boy-friend Approved Spicy Black Bean Burgers from EatLiveRun - I may not have a boyfriend to approve of these burgers, but I am excited to try them soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment